What have your councillor achieved for residents in Riverside?
Aside from supporting residents with issues, the following achievements have taken place in Riverside:
- The Big Sweep has now been running every autumn for 5 years and sees approximately 500 residents, supported by Council staff and wagons, clear the leaves from the streets and pavements over a 5-6 week period.
- 20 MPH limits now in place throughout Riverside
- Major road repairs in South Riverside including the full reconstruction of Despenser PlaceImproved pavements including resurfacing of Fitzhamon Embankment
- Refurbishment of Despenser Gardens Playground with new play equipment and a full replacement of the Multi-Use Games Area
- Additional waste team rounds in South Riverside
- Additional bins in key areas including in the parks for dog walkers, and around the main roads in South Riverside, A surfaced 3-metre path across Pontcanna fields to Blackweir Bridge.
- Replacement and additional tree planting in the parks
- Major junction safety improvements at the Wyndham Crescent / Severn Junction including new street tree.
- New pedestrian crossings on: Wyndham Crescent, Cathedral Road and Ninian Park Road.
- Improved cycle infrastructure including Sophia Gardens, Castle Street and Wellington Street.
- Refurbishment of Council flats at Edinburgh Court and landscaping at South Morgan Place
- School Holiday Enrichment Programme in place (meals and activities for children in the school holidays)
- Supporting the food bank Pontcanna Fields changing room refurbishment to support local football teams and Clwb Rwgbi
- Ensuring into work, ESOL, youth activities continue to be funded in South Riverside
- Adult Education Centre above Severn Primary continues to provide basic skills, IT and Welsh classes.
- Additional residents parking space in South Riverside
Tudor Street Regeneration Programme underway and will include:
- New bus and bike lanes
- Shop front replacements
- New trees and rain gardens
- Tudor Lane improvements in partnership with local businesses Council Meals on Wheels and Mobile library active and promoted in the area
*Please note that your councillors do not claim personal credit for any of this. The vast majority of work is undertaken by volunteers, council staff, community groups etc.